Delve into the scenic heart of Kyrgyzstan enjoying the magnificent scenery around Lake Issy Kul , the Tien Shan mountains and Son Kul. Stay in a traditional Yurt and discover Kyrgyzstan’s nomadic way of life.
Fly to Bishkek today, and on arrival transfer to your hotel.
Bishkek - Ala Archa Canyon Excursion
This morning drive to the Ala Archa National Park where there will be time for a gentle walk in the forested Ala Archa Gorge before returning to Bishkek for a tour of the city’s grand Soviet Era buildings and monuments.
Bishkek - Burana Tower - Cholpon Ata
Drive to the town of Cholpon Alta today, with several interesting stops en route. First, explore the ruins of the trading centre of Balasagun with its ancient Turkic tombs and Burana Tower. After lunch walk through the open air collection of rock carvings known as the ‘Stone Garden’ in Cholpan Ata.
Cholpon Ata - Karakol town
This morning drive along lake Issy Kul to the Russian town of Karakol stopping at Scythian burial mounds on the way. Enjoy an afternoon tour of the picturesque town of Karakol with its Chinese style mosque and church built without a single nail.
Karakol - Djety Oguz Gorge
Today travel to Djety Oguz Gorge. Literally translated as ‘Seven Bulls’, the gorge has seven outcrops of deep red sandstone covered with Tien Shan spruce. There will be time to walk in the gorge before you settle into a yurt camp and experience a taste of the nomadic Kyrgyz lifestyle.
Djety Oguz – Skazka gorge – Kochkor village
Today set off along the shores of Issyk Kul towards the village of Kochkor, stopping for a walk in Skazka Canyon. Kochkor is famous for its felt making, and there will be to watch a demonstration of this traditional craft before you spend the night in a local home.
Kochkor - Son Kul Lake
Driving through dramatic scenery you reach Son Kul Lake, whose high altitude shores provide rich summer grazing grounds. In the afternoon there will be time for walking, horse riding or simply relaxing by the shores of the lake.
Son Kul Lake - Bishkek
This morning there will be further time to enjoy Son Kul Lake before you travel back to Bishkek via the spectacular Boom Gorge. In the evening after dinner enjoy a traditional Kyrgyz folklore show.
Today you will be transferred to the airport for your departure flight.
To book now, or for more information about this or other tours, call us on 0208 728 2478 or email us at email@example.com.
Prices and Availability
Available to run from Mid June to Mid September
Price per person £1250 based on two sharing
- Private English speaking guide
- Separate driver with vehicle
- All entrance fees
- 6 nights accommodation Bed and Breakfast basis
- 2 nights in Yurts on Half Board basis
- International Flights
- Visas (obtained on arrival)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses (drinks, tips etc)
- Enjoy a gentle walk through the forested Ala Archa National Park
- Discover the stunning petroglyphs at Cholpan Ata
- Travel along the shores of Lake Issy Kul
- Explore the picturesque town of Karakol
- Walk through beautiful Djety Oguz gorge
- Stay in a Yurt with the nomads at remote Son Kul Lake
Tours That Might Also Interest You
• Khiva • Ashgabat • Gonur Depe • Bukhara • Samarkand • Turkestan • Taraz • Cholpan Ata • Karakol • Son Kul Lake
Explore along the Silk Road of Central Asia with a fascinating trip including staying amongst local nomads
• Dushanbe • Lake Iskanderkul • Penjikent • Seven Lakes • Khujand
A fascinating compact exploration of the stunning scenery and culture of Tajikistan
• Bishkek • Ala Archa Canyon • Besh Tash • Aksu Djabagly • Turkestan • Almaty
A rich exploration of the fascinating scenery and fascinating culture of Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan
• Bishkek • Ala Archa Canyon • Cholpan Ata • Djety Oguz Gorge • Son Kul Lake
An immersive exploration of the fascinating culture and stunning scenery of beautiful Kyrgyzstan