A compact and comprehensive 8 day private tour that explores the fascinating cultural sites and stunningly beautiful scenery of remote Tajikistan.
Arrival Dushanbe – City Tour
Arrive today in Dushanbe and enjoy a tour of Tajikistan’s capital. First of all visit the Museum of Antiquities with its excellent record of Tajikistan’s archaeology before continuing on to the bustling, colourful local bazaar. Afterwards leave Dushanbe to visit the Hissar fortress before returning to see Dushanbe’s main Dusti square.
Dushanbe – Lake Iskanderkul – Saritag
Leave Dushanbe this morning and travel to Lake Iskanderkul, thought to be one of the most beautiful in the former Soviet Union. After time exploring around the lake continue to the picturesque village of Saritag where you will have some time to walk around.
Saritag – Sarazm - Penjikent
Leave Saritag and first of all travel to Sarazm which it thought to date back as far as 4000BC and is one of the earliest settlements in the region. Afterwards continue to the ancient Sogdian site of Penjikent known as the ‘Pompeii of Central Asia’ due to the fine frescoes discovered there.
Seven Lakes Excursion
Today enjoy an excursion to the beautiful Seven Lakes high up in the Fann Mountains. Each of the lakes have their own distinctive colour and are surrounded by stunning mountain scenery. After time exploring return to Penjikent.
Penjikent – Istaravshan – Khujand
Travel today to Khujand stopping en route at Istaravshan, thought to be oldest in Tajikstan dating back at least 2500 years. You will be able to explore the famous fort and madrassahs as well as the colourful local bazaar before continuing onto Khujand.
Khujand City Tour
Spend the day exploring Khujand visiting the 16th century Shaikh Muslihiddin Mosque as well as the Payshanba bazaar, the largest in Tajikistan and the interesting archaeological museum. Finish by visiting the ‘Tajik Sea’ Soviet era Hydro Electric plant.
Khujand – Dushanbe
Today transfer from Khujand to Dushanbe.
Today you will be picked up from your hotel and be transferred to the airport for your departure flight.
To book now, or for more information about this or other tours, call us on 0208 728 2478 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prices and Availability
Available to run daily
Price £1370 per person based on two travelling
- Private English speaking guide
- Separate driver with vehicle
- All entrance fees
- 7 Nights BB basis
- International flight
- Visas (obtained before travel)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses (meals, drinks, tips etc)
- Explore Lake Iskanderkul, one of the most beautiful in Central Asia
- Wonder at the different colours of the Seven Lakes
- Discover Penjikent, the ‘Pompeii of Central Asia’
- Tour Istaravshan, Tajikistan’s oldest city
- Walk through the stunning Tajik landscapes
Tours That Might Also Interest You
• Khiva • Ashgabat • Gonur Depe • Bukhara • Samarkand • Turkestan • Taraz • Cholpan Ata • Karakol • Son Kul Lake
Explore along the Silk Road of Central Asia with a fascinating trip including staying amongst local nomads
• Dushanbe • Lake Iskanderkul • Penjikent • Seven Lakes • Khujand
A fascinating compact exploration of the stunning scenery and culture of Tajikistan
• Bishkek • Ala Archa Canyon • Besh Tash • Aksu Djabagly • Turkestan • Almaty
A rich exploration of the fascinating scenery and fascinating culture of Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan
• Bishkek • Ala Archa Canyon • Cholpan Ata • Djety Oguz Gorge • Son Kul Lake
An immersive exploration of the fascinating culture and stunning scenery of beautiful Kyrgyzstan